2.19.2008

A family update

A few of you have emailed wanting to know what's going on in our lives, so guess it's time for a family update!

Lily's doing well, adorable as ever! She's growing like a weed and even some of her 3 month clothes are getting small, oh my! Her favorite thing to do right now is walk around the house with mom and dad as her tour guide. We've found a few things in the house that she could look at for literally hours on end. Who knew a picture frame around a mirror could be so thrilling?!? She also loves her playmat time, bouncing on daddy's head, and bathtime.

I'm doing well, too. The adjustment to motherhood hasn't been as tough as I would have imagined. I'm getting a decent amount of sleep (thanks, Lily!!) and I feel like I'm keeping up with things pretty well. We'll see how that changes in the coming months!

Probably the one source of stress is searching for a new job. As of last week, I decided didn't feel "right" returning to my last job once my maternity leave was up, so I'm on the hunt for a better fit. Wish me luck!!

Nathan's doing great as well. He is quite the *awesome* daddy, it just brings tears to my eyes to watch he and Lily interact. Somedays she gets so darn excited to see him when he gets home, she starts kicking and wiggling about...so sweet :) Work seems to be going well for him. His company is in the middle of a merger with Insight, so we'll see how that begins to affect him.

No pictures today...I've been neglecting my camera.

3 comments:

Me said...

the rules say you must include pics with all updates ;)

Michelle said...

Eekkkk - sending out sincere wishes that the hopsital job is the one you are talking about.... for our sakes! :)
Yes - must have photos! :)
Talk to you soon! :)

Noel said...

Good luck on the job hunt. :) Isn't it great how babies can find amazement in the simplest of things?