I was tagged, so here are a few of my favorite recipes! Enjoy and happy cooking!
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRIES
16oz jar cherries (with stems!)
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup melted butter
Chocolate for dipping (recipe calls for melting chocolate, I melt chips)
Combine sugar, milk, extract and butter. Mix well. Form into 1 inch balls and flatten into 2 inch circles. Wrap around cherries ensuring whole cherry is covered. I roll them in my hands to smooth out. Repeat for all cherries. Refrigerate overnight to set sugar around cherry. Then melt chocolate and dip cherry in chocolate. Place on wax paper to set then store in airtight containers. These should be made about 2 weeks or so in advance. The juice from the cherries will "melt" the sugar and make the liquidy center.
JUST LIKE STUFFED BAKED POTATOES
16 ounce package frozen cauliflower
8 ounce cream cheese, softened
8 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
4 green onions, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 pieces bacon, chopped and fried until crisp
Paprika, optional
Cook the cauliflower until soft, about 8-10 minutes; drain very well and break up the florets a bit with a spoon. It's also very good if you leave the cauliflower a little chunky. Put in a greased 8 x 8" baking pan or a 2-quart casserole. Mix in the cream cheese, cheddar, green onion, salt, pepper and bacon. Dust the top with paprika, if desired. Bake at 350ยบ for 20-40 minutes, until browned and bubbly. Or, microwave, loosely covered, for about 40 minutes on 50% power, turning the dish after 20 minutes.
Makes 6 servings
Can be frozen
CREAM CHEESE CHIVE CHICKEN
4 chicken breasts
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 bunch chives
4 slices bacon
Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
Pound chicken breasts until even, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste. Quarter block of cream cheese (1/2 lengthwise then 1/2 widthwise to get 4 "sticks"). Place on one end of chicken. Chop chives (I use scissors and just cut over the chicken) and sprinkle about 1/4 of amount on each chicken/cream cheese. Roll chicken around cream cheese and wrap 1 slice of bacon around the roll. I like to precook the bacon slightly if it's not lean.
Bake 350 for about 30-45 min or until chicken is done.
I tag my mom, Michelle, and Sarah!!
4 comments:
Since I just made this today for Super Bowl it's fresh in my memory.
Prawn Dip
1 can tiny shrimp
3 ounces Philly Cream Cheese
1 Tablespoon Dehydrated Onions
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
Drain the shrimp and pour the lemon juice over.
Mix the onions with the mayo
Stir the celery into the Philly
Combine all the ingredients and stir. Chill for 3 hours and serve with crackers.
A new family favorite is my broccoli and cauliflower casserole
16 ounces cauliflower cooked and drained
16 ounces broccoli cooked and drained
1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
4 green onions chopped
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Put the veggies in a greased casserole and spread mayo mixture over top. Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
I forgot to mention that you posted a few of my all time favorites. The choc cherries are so very good.
ooo...I can't wait to try them out. They all sound yummy. :)
Oh - YUM!
I'm here and will post mine soon!
And look at you go - Nice new blog design!!!!
Post a Comment