3.12.2008

Baptism dress

We had a photoshoot this AM in Lily's baptism dress...had to get it in before she outgrew it!! The morning of her baptism was a little busy and I realized I didn't have any close-ups of her in her dress.

I made her dress, which I am really proud of! I hope it will be worn by future children and grandchildren for years to come. It was my first big sewing project since probably junior high and it sure wasn't easy. Thanks to mom & dad for the awesome sewing machine and to mom for the help. Here are some pictures (Carrie, these are for you!!)

Full-length shot:



Close up of the bodice:

some close up of the detail along the hem:


Once she started spitting up, it became a naked baby photoshoot!

4 comments:

Noel said...

You did such an amazing job on that dress! I love it, you are making me want to try sewing again. :) But I have other projects to finish before I can even attempt anything. So I'll live through you're beautiful work for now. :) What is your next project going to be?

Me said...

It is beautiful! You did such a wonderful job! Kinda makes me wish I'd paid attention in Home Ec :) How special that is for Lily and her future sisters ;) that mommy made such a beautiful gown. Way to go! And thanks for the pics!

Michelle said...

Amazing on the dress! Totally great job! :) She is so adorable in the last photo!!!

Anonymous said...

I think the caption on that last photo should be 'tee hee, I knew that if I threw up a little she's let me get naked again'!
You did a wonderful job and Lily is a very lucky girl to have such a talented mommy.