10.31.2008

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!!! It has been an interesting week, to say the least....and interesting is not always good :(

On Monday, Nathan came home to a seemingly-normal house. The dogs were fine, nothing was overtly out of place. He noticed his cigar humidor was gone, but he thought I moved it for cleaning or something.

When I got home from work, I tried to log onto the internet and it wasn’t working, which happens every so often. Nathan went to check our cable router/hub/internet device thingy and his XBOX was gone. We soon realized someone broke into our home. They took about $2500 worth of stuff, none of which is irreplaceable. They left a lot of stuff untouched and appeared only to go into 2 rooms.

We called the police and around 10pm we have a police officer and crime scene technician at the house. The CST dust for fingerprints while the PO takes the report and we fill out paperwork documenting our loss.

They entered through the doggie door (while the dogs were home). I'm surprised they had the guts to do that. Sadie, especially, sounds big & mean when we're not around. The policeman said intruders are often using chocolate to lure dogs into submission. More than anything, we feel blessed that the dogs are OK. It could have been much, much worse for them.

Note the carbon, dusting for prints.


They then left via the slider. It was locked (I'm 100% sure) that morning and then unlocked when we got home.

A "juicy" print per the crime scene gal. Too bad it was probably one of ours :( There are no suspects, no leads, just a rash of doggie door break-ins in the area we live in.


On to happier things!!! Here are a few pictures of our Halloween events! Grammy, Pap-Pap, Will, Noel, Elli and Anna came over for a BBQ and trick or treating. It was fun, thanks for joining us!!!

Grammy and Pap-Pap made us an adorable Baby Einstein cloth book, she loved it! Added some treats to the bag, yummm!


Elli got a princess book that she just loved!


Posing with daddy!


Elli was Snow White, Anna was Cinderella, and Miss Lily the bumble bee! The girls all looked so, so cute!

Lily raiding the ghost "candy" bowl. Nathan got on my case since I gave out mini play-doh for some of the treats, but I thought it was fun! (That and a bowl of 50 mini containers was $4.97 at my beloved Costco. Also note the adorable ghost...a new addition this year! $19 and change at Sam's. How I love warehouse stores!).



Checking out her pumpkins, she thought they were too funny! She's been mildly obsessed with pumpkins since I started putting them out in the beginning of October.
Lily says "Happy Halloween!!!"

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I still can't believe it! That's just crazy! I'm so glad the fur babies are ok!!!!!
And I love the PlayDoh passing out! Love the ghost too!
They took the whole camera bag then, huh? Just sucks...

Me said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the break in! How scary!

Looks like Lily had fun on Halloween!

Tiffany :) said...

Holy Heck! I cannot believe that! That's scary!

But Lily was the most adorable bumblebee! I love her stockings!