1.12.2009

Mormon Lake trip

Oh my, it was WONDERFUL!!!!! My dad got an amazing cabin through work and the whole family (my parents, Nathan, Lily and I, as well as Will, Noel, Elli and Anna) went for a week. We spent New Years up there and basically just had a really great time. There was a ton of snow...way more than when we went to Denver earlier in December.

Elli and Anna had a blast playing in the snow. Probably the best memory was when Elli went out without her gloves, tripped a bit and her hand landed in the snow. She was in absolute shock that the pretty white stuff was so miserably cold! Classic :)

Right before the trip, my brother Will ruptured/tore his Achilles tendon in what I like to call the "Old Man Football Game" that they like to play. I always say a little prayer for Nathan before he leaves....guess I should have said one for Will this year ;) He made the best of it, that's for sure! We wont show the ortho doc the pictures of him riding the snowmobile with a garbage bag over his foot boot!

It turns out Lily HATES to be bundled up. The girl doesn't mind her sweaters, but when it came to snow bibs, she was miserable to say the least!

Here are some pictures from our trip....thanks again Dad for arranging this, it was great!


We started out trip a bit stuck in the snow (despite a decent 4wd truck) and we needed this monster snowmobile to help us out:


We spent quite a bit of time playing in the snow, making snowangels, snowmen and just enjoying the fluffy stuff!

Like I said...she did NOT like being bundled, if you can't tell! My dad, on the other hand, got a kick out if it :)

The boys really loved riding the snowmobiles, they were just like little kids.
I even got in on the action, it was FUN!
My mom brought her childhood sled and we all had a great time on it.

"Mmmmm, snow!"
Elli being silly and cute!

The makings of a great snowman...

2 comments:

Me said...

Adorable!

Michelle said...

I am so jealous that you got to ride snowmobiles there! You all got to drive the big one too???? FUN!
LOVE the shots of the girls on the sled and in front of the snowman!